Saturday, October 4, 2008

Craft Day








Special family days are worth the planning!
Today I was inspired by another blog, "Flip Flops and Applesauce"...This is a great inspirational blog. Their motto is "simple ideas for family togetherness"....check it out.

I try to make everyday a party, and somedays we party harder!
Today's "party day" did take a little bit of planning but it was worth the memories!

First we made a "Countdown to Halloween" advent calendar.
It is made from Halloween papers from "K and Company" that I laminated with magnet paper using my zyron machine. I used a mini muffin tin as the base and filled each spot with little treats and started the countdown to Halloween.

Next we worked on table settings, this is from the Flipflops and Applesauce blog.  I printed the table setting from the blog and explained how to set a table...
My daughter learned that the Fork is the "pretty princess", the plate is the moat with the alligators the Knife  (blade is toward the alligator)is the "mean sharp bad guy", and the spoon is the "big headed Prince".

Then we made "Shrinky Dinks", Another idea from FlipFlops and applesauce, I loved their idea to make labels for her toys...what fun watching them shrink!


No comments: